SilverFast is the leading software for flatbed and film scanner operation. SilverFast is available for more than 340 different scanners. Those who once learned how to use SilverFast can operate virtually any scanner. Beginners quickly come to grips with SilverFast because the most important settings can be adjusted with simple sliders and buttons. The WorkflowPilot even guides you step by step from prescan and settings to the fine scan.
Professionals can find an almost unlimited number of sliders, curves and buttons leaving nothing to be desired. SilverFast offers not only simple, intuitive operation, detailed sliders and options but also brings out the maximum image quality in the used scanner. Many film scanners show their real strength only when being operated with SilverFast.
You can install SilverFast in two different ways: You can install the Stand-Alone version so that the picture files will be saved directly on your hard disk. Or you can install the Photoshop® Plugin. Then the pictures will be opened in Photoshop® and you have to save them manually.
Please, choose above, below the price information, your scanner model. Detailed information about SilverFast can be found on our SilverFast website.
- The new SilverFast 8 Preview Concept allows to assess the results even for complicated image optimization functions, such as iSRD and USM, at any time. A 100% zoom facilitates to properly evaluate and set the parameters of these tools.
- The user interface of SilverFast 8 has been completely redeveloped according to current standards. The controls can be arranged flexibly and freely on the screen according to personal preferences. All major functions can be operated quickly and easily.
- SilverFast 8 is fully capable of multitasking. For example, if several originals are to be scanned one after another, the user can already set the image optimization options for the second scan while the scanner is digitizing the first original.
- SilverFast SCC is a tool to perform a selective color correction in a very simple manner. Selective color correction means that a single color is selected and changed specifically, but all other colors remain unchanged. A mouse click in the preview window easily selects the color to be changed: SilverFast's Selective Color Correction is particularly intuitive.
- The Global Color Correction is an intuitive tool for controlling the color balance of the whole image. Particularly older images often show color casts that can be removed easily with GCC. The possibility to restrict modifications to half and quarter tones, allows effortless optimization of even those color shifts that are only visible in the very light or very shadowy image areas.
- The WorkflowPilot is a wizard that guides the user in the correct order through all required processing steps. Depending on material and intended purpose there is a different workflow that will be worked on with the WorkflowPilot step by step.
- SilverFast HiRePP will dramatically speed up the process of loading and working large image files.
- 64-bit systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10
- Mac OS X from 10.7
(Epson V600: 64-Bit systems: Mac OS X 10.7-10.13)
- 2 GHz Processor or faster (Multi-core recommended)
- 2 GB RAM main memory (4 GB RAM recommended)
- 2 GB free space on hard disk drive for the software file
- Up to 20 GB free space on the main system hard disk drive for the cache
- DVD drive or internet connection
- Latest firmware installed on scanner device
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop CS3 to CS6 and CC.
(Photoshop CS6 and higher on OS X are only supported if 64 bit drivers are
available for the scanner.)
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop Elements 8 to 13.
SilverFast 8 can also be installed on Windows as a TWAIN module.
Note: SilverFast 8 is Intel native software and thus it is not available for
PowerPC Mac systems (Those G4-microprocessors were only produced until the End of
Limitation of compatibility (model-specific)
You can use the following scanner models only with USB
Scope of delivery
- SilverFast SE box version consisting of DVD, user guide and licence key