The Reflecta RPS 10M is the top film scanner in the middle price field at the moment. As you can read in our
detailed review about the Reflecta RPS 10M
this film scanner provides an effective resolution of 4300 ppi
at an optical resolution of 5000 ppi. With this very high value the RPS 10M claims the top of all film scanners on the market. With an effective resolution of 4300 ppi you will get scans with
approx. 24 mega pixels. So you get all information from a 35mm film in terms of resolution.
As you can also read in our test report, the image quality of the Reflecta RPS 10M depends strongly from the used scan software. Whilst the image quality is rather average with the
manufacturer's scan software CyberView, the image quality can be increased significantly if the SilverFast scan software is used. With the here offered bundle with SilverFast Ai Studio you
achieve the best possible results with the Reflecta RPS 10M. If you additionally make a colour calibration with an IT-8 target, you correct the colour errors of the scanner for slide scans
and create a correction profile, which will be applied at each scan automatically. So you save a lot of work when postprocessing your scans in the image editing software.
At the moment the Reflecta RPS 10M is the only film scanner on the market which can process and scan complete film strips automatically. Also 35mm film rolls with a length of 3 up to 36 frames
can be digitized automatically with the Reflecta RPS 10M. Thus the Reflecta RPS 10M is the ideal film scanner for digitizing large amounts of film strips.
An additional feature of the Reflecta RPS 10M is the variable focus. Thanks to the auto focus function the RPS 10M automatically performs a focus before scanning. When digitzing extremely
curved or curled film strips the focus can also be set manually. No other film scanner in the price field below 1000 Euro has an Autofocus. that makes the Reflecta RPS 10M unique. In combination with SilverFast Ai Studio the focus point can be placed arbitrarily on the picture, and the focus level can even be set manually.
Please, choose above, below the price information, between the SilverFast Ai Studio version and the SilverFast Archive Suite (Archive Suite = SilverFast Ai Studio + SilverFast HDR Studio). Also, please, choose above your desired targets (Kodak, Fuji, Kodachrome) for the IT-8 colour calibration. Detailed information about SilverFast and the available targets can be found on our SilverFast website. Information about SilverFast HDR can be found on our SilverFast HDR website. Information about scanner calibration can be found on our page Scanner IT-8 calibration.
Please, choose above, below the price information, if you want to order the scanner with or without Adobe® Photoshop® Elements.
- Easy scanning of mounted slides and filmstrips without film holders or positioning devices
- Automatic, comfortable scanning of w hole film rolls with up to 36 frames
- Easy front side handling
- Direct view on the slide and the scan process through a front side viewing window
- Scanning without wearing parts like slide holders or film strip holders
- Auto focus for pin sharp scans
- Optical resolution 10.000 dpi
- Colour depth 48 Bit
- Density range 4.2 Dmax
- Auto focus / manual focus
- Magic Touch
- Image sensor: Linear Array Color CCD
- Light source: film save LED
- USB 2.0 interface
- Dimensions: 183 x 97 x 274 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 1,4 kg
Supported film formats
- Mounted 35mm slides (mount thickness max. 3,5 mm)
- 35mm film strips (positive or negative)
- 35mm film rolls (positive or negative)
Scope of delivery
- Film scanner Reflecta RPS 10M Professional
- Power adapter
- USB cable
- User guide in English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch
- Scan-Software CyberView in English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch
- SilverFast Ai Studio 8 / Archive Suite 8 (according to your choice above)
- 35mm IT-8 Target (according to your choice above)
- Adobe® Photoshop® Elements (according to your choice above)
- Windows 64-bit systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10
- MAC 64-bit systems: Mac OS X from 10.7
- 2 GHz Processor or faster (Multi-core recommended)
- 2 GB RAM main memory (4 GB RAM recommended)
- 2 GB free space on hard disk drive for the software file
- Up to 20 GB free space on the main system hard disk drive for the cache
- DVD drive or internet connection
- Latest firmware installed on scanner device
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop CS3 to CS6 and CC.
(Photoshop CS6 and higher on OS X are only supported if 64 bit drivers are
available for the scanner.)
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop Elements 8 to 13.
SilverFast 8 can also be installed on Windows as a TWAIN module.
Note: SilverFast 8 is Intel native software and thus it is not available for
PowerPC Mac systems (Those G4-microprocessors were only produced until the End of
When working with film strips it can often happen that you accidentally touch the emulsion side of the film. The damage often is irreparable. You can avoid damages to the film material and comfortably insert film strips into the scanner or film holder by wearing fine cotton gloves.
Anti-dust spray is used to clean film material - no matter if it's mounted slides or film strips - by removing dust and fluffs with a flimsy current of air without touching the film material at all. There is no better, more comfortable and more efficient way to clean your film material.
For working with single negatives or positives we highly recommend using tweezers, because otherwise you run the risk of touching and damaging the film.
Those who work
with digital images - no matter if they come from a digital camera or from a film
scanner - should absolutely calibrate their screen. Without a screen calibration
performed with objective criteria you run the risk of wrongly adjusting the settings of
the scan or the image editing software, which makes the image look right on your
screen, but will cause unnatural alienated colours on other output devices (printer,
image service, new screen).