The reflecta CrystalScan 7200 is a compact elegant film scanner for home use where it's not about large quantities. Mounted slides can be comfortably inserted individually and film strips of any length (many a more expensive film scanners can't keep up with that) can be drawn in manually image after image. Additional wearing out film holders or adaptors are not needed. The integration of the dust and scratches removal ICE, the colour restoration ROC and the grain reduction GEM is sensational for the low price of the CrystalScan 7200. Usually these are features only of more expensive film scanners.
As you can read in our detailed test report
a scan in the highes resolution takes about 8 minutes; that is a good speed compared to some other scanners, however still a long time. Additionally there is the time for the rework of the scans. If you don't have installed a good image editing program on your PC we recommend you Adobe® Photoshop® Elements for the post processing of your scans. The reflecta CrystalScan7200 provides an acceptable image quality, which can be increased using the SilverFast scan software. In our test report we come to a good price-performance-ration for the bundle with SilverFast SE Plus.
Please, choose above, below the price information, between the SilverFast version SE, SE Plus and SE Archive Suite. The essential difference between the SE and the SE Plus version is the multi-exposure function of the SE-Plus version. Multi-exposure means that a photo is scanned with different exposures and that an optimal image is computed from the different scans. This partly leads to a significant increase of the image quality of the scans. More information about that function you can find on our SilverFast FAQ-site under Multi-Exposure. The SilverFast SE Archive Suite contains additionally to the SilverFast SE Plus software the SilverFast HDR software, so that you can create raw scans which you can process afterwards. More information about that can be found on our website SilverFast HDR Studio.
Please, choose above, below the price information, if you want to order the scanner with or without Adobe® Photoshop® Elements.
In order to get the optimum image quality we recommend to operate the Crystalscan 7200 with the professional scan software SilverFast Ai. With the SilverFast IT-8 colour calibration you can individually colour calibrate your scanner and work in a professional colour management process. Thereby you increase image quality and you don't have to spend a lot of time for editing the images with an image editing software. That's why we offer the Reflecta CrystalScan 7200 in combination with the SilverFast scan software in a low-priced bundle
- Image sensor: Linear colour CCD
- Resolution: 7200 x 3600 dpi
- Lamp: film friendly white and infra red LED
- Colour depth 48 Bit
- Density range: 3.2 Dmax
- Fix focus
- Digital ICE dust and scratches removal
- ROC colour restoration
- GEM grain reduction
- Scan area: 36.5 mm x 24.3 mm
- No film adaptors needed for scanning
- Connection via fast USB 2.0 interface
- Dimensions: 278 mm x 169 mm x 70 mm (L x W x H)
- Weight: approx. 1 kg
Supported film formats
- Mounted 35mm slides up to 3,5mm thickness
- 35mm film strips
- 35mm film rolls of any length
- Positives, negatives, colour and B/W
SilverFast 8 feature highlights
- The new SilverFast 8 Preview Concept allows to assess the results even for complicated image optimization functions, such as iSRD and USM, at any time. A 100% zoom facilitates to properly evaluate and set the parameters of these tools.
- The user interface of SilverFast 8 has been completely redeveloped according to current standards. The controls can be arranged flexibly and freely on the screen according to personal preferences. All major functions can be operated quickly and easily.
- SilverFast 8 is fully capable of multitasking. For example, if several originals are to be scanned one after another, the user can already set the image optimization options for the second scan while the scanner is digitizing the first original.
- SilverFast SCC is a tool to perform a selective color correction in a very simple manner. Selective color correction means that a single color is selected and changed specifically, but all other colors remain unchanged. A mouse click in the preview window easily selects the color to be changed: SilverFast's Selective Color Correction is particularly intuitive.
- The Global Color Correction is an intuitive tool for controlling the color balance of the whole image. Particularly older images often show color casts that can be removed easily with GCC. The possibility to restrict modifications to half and quarter tones, allows effortless optimization of even those color shifts that are only visible in the very light or very shadowy image areas.
- The WorkflowPilot is a wizard that guides the user in the correct order through all required processing steps. Depending on material and intended purpose there is a different workflow that will be worked on with the WorkflowPilot step by step.
- SilverFast HiRePP will dramatically speed up the process of loading and working large image files.
Scope of delivery
- Film scanner Reflecta CrystalScan 7200
- Power supply cable
- USB 2.0 connector cable
- CD with Scan software CyberView X in english, german, french, spanish, portuguese, italian, dutch
- SilverFast SE 8 / SE Plus 8 / SE Archive Suite 8 (according to your choice above)
- Adobe® Photoshop® Elements (according to your choice above)
- User guide in english, german, french, spanish, portuguese, italian, dutch
- Windows 64-bit systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10
- MAC 64-bit systems: Mac OS X from 10.7
- 2 GHz Processor or faster (Multi-core recommended)
- 2 GB RAM main memory (4 GB RAM recommended)
- 2 GB free space on hard disk drive for the software file
- Up to 20 GB free space on the main system hard disk drive for the cache
- DVD drive or internet connection
- Latest firmware installed on scanner device
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop CS3 to CS6 and CC.
(Photoshop CS6 and higher on OS X are only supported if 64 bit drivers are
available for the scanner.)
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop Elements 8 to 13.
SilverFast 8 can also be installed on Windows as a TWAIN module.
Note: SilverFast 8 is Intel native software and thus it is not available for
PowerPC Mac systems (Those G4-microprocessors were only produced until the End of
When working with film strips it can often happen that you accidentally touch the emulsion side of the film. The damage often is irreparable. You can avoid damages to the film material and comfortably insert film strips into the scanner or film holder by wearing fine cotton gloves.
Anti-dust spray is used to clean film material - no matter if it's mounted slides or film strips - by removing dust and fluffs with a flimsy current of air without touching the film material at all. There is no better, more comfortable and more efficient way to clean your film material.
For working with single negatives or positives we highly recommend using tweezers, because otherwise you run the risk of touching and damaging the film.
If you work with digital images - no matter if they come from a digital camera or from a film scanner - you should calibrate your screen. Without a screen calibration performed with objective criteria you run the risk of wrongly adjusting the settings of the scan or the image editing software, which makes the image look right on your screen, but will cause unnatural alienated colours on other output devices (printer, image service, new screen).