We acquired this device in 2011. It has since then been used in our training room. Warranty for this device amounts to one year. Scope of delivery conforms to that of a new device.
The Nikon Super Coolscan 5000 provides professional scans with 35mm films and APS films. 4000 ppi resolution and a density range of 4,8 speak for themselves. For people who emphasise highest image quality and want to scan large quantities of 35mm films the LS-5000 is just right. As you can read in our review
the Nikon Super Coolscan 5000 ED provides an extremely good image quality and is very very fast. With the slide feeder SF-210 up 50 50 framed 35mm slides can be processed automatically. As you can see in our film scanner ranking list
the Nikon LS-5000 ED is the top model among the 35mm film scanners. No other film scanner is not even almost as good as the Nikon 5000.
Please, choose above, below the price information, if you want to order the scanner with or without Adobe® Photoshop® Elements. You can find information about the different versions on our website Adobe® Photoshop® Elements Version Comparison.
The included scanning software NikonScan does not support current operating systems. In
our software product group, you can find the SilverFast Ai Studio Scansoftware for the scanner so it can also be used with current operating systems.
- Optical resolution: 4000 dpi
- Scan area max: 25,1 x 38,0 mm
- 16 Bit A/D-conversion
- Output colour depth 8 Bit or 16 Bit per colour channel
- Density range: 4,8
- New Nikkor ED scanner lens
- Super fast scanning time - only 20 seconds for one image
- Newly developed high quality 3 row CCD sensor
- New improved image processing algorithm for scanning colour negatives
- Multiple scans
- Fast auto focus and short prescan time
- Automatic optimisation of the scanned image
- Digital ICE4 Advanced
- High-speed USB 2.0 interface
- Light source: four components LED for R, G und B and infrared (for defects on the film surface)
- Optical layout: Lenses (ED-Lenses) / Elements 7 / 3
- Dimensions approx. (L x H x D) 96 x 172 x 315 mm
- Weight: approx. 3 kg
Supported film formats
- 35mm film strips up to 6 frames length
- Mounted 35mm slides (mount thickness: 1 mm - 3,2 mm)
- APS films (with optional adaptor)
- 35mm film rolls up to 40 frames length (with optional adaptor)
- Glass mounted microscope preparates
Scope of delivery
- Filmscanner Nikon Super Coolscan 5000 - used
- Slide Feeder SF-210 - used
- Adobe® Photoshop® Elements according to your choice above
- Strip film adaptor SA-21 (2-6 frames) - used
- Slide mount adaptor MA-21(S) - used
- USB connector cable
- Power cable
- Scan software Nikon Scan 4 in English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch and Italian
- Detailed user guide
- PC with Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000 or Windows XP, Windows Vista 32bit; USB 1.1 or USB 2.0, NOT 64bit-versions!
- Macintosh: Mac OS 9.1 or newer and Mac OS X 10.1.5 - 10.4.x
- USB 1.1 or USB 2.0
When working with film strips it can often happen that you accidentally touch the emulsion side of the film. The damage often is irreparable. You can avoid damages to the film material and comfortably insert film strips into the scanner or film holder by wearing fine cotton gloves.
Anti-dust spray is used to clean film material - no matter if it's mounted slides or film strips - by removing dust and fluffs with a flimsy current of air without touching the film material at all. There is no better, more comfortable and more efficient way to clean your film material.
For working with single negatives or positives we highly recommend using tweezers, because otherwise you run the risk of touching and damaging the film.
Those who work
with digital images - no matter if they come from a digital camera or from a film
scanner - should absolutely calibrate their screen. Without a screen calibration
performed with objective criteria you run the risk of wrongly adjusting the settings of
the scan or the image editing software, which makes the image look right on your
screen, but will cause unnatural alienated colours on other output devices (printer,
image service, new screen).