The Epson Perfection V600 Photo is a low-price device for beginners in the series of Epson flatbed scanners. In the cover plate there is a transparency unit integrated, so that the scanner is suitable both for scanning documents and for digitizing slides and negatives. The scanner provides a good image quality when scanning documents and is fast. The image quality, however, is very bad when scanning negatives and slides using the standard scan software from Epson, since the density range of the scanner is too low. A significant improvement can be achieved by using the scan software SilverFast SE Plus thanks to the multi-exposure feature. More info on our detailed Test report about the Epson Perfection V600 Photo
The Epson Perfection V600 Photo plays to its strength not until operated with the professional scan software SilverFast Ai + IT-8 target. In order to achieve the best image quality we recommend to use SilverFast Ai Studio. With the SilverFast IT-8 colour calibration it is possible to individually calibrate your scanner and work within a professional colour management workflow. Thus the image quality of the scanner can be considerably increased and you do not have to spend a lot of time for extensive image editing. We offer the Epson Perfection V600 Photo together with the SilverFast scan software for a low bundle price
Please, choose above, below the price information, between the SilverFast version SE, SE Plus and SE Archive Suite. The essential difference between the SE and the SE Plus version is the multi-exposure function of the SE-Plus version. Multi-exposure means that a photo is scanned with different exposures and that an optimal image is computed from the different scans. This partly leads to a significant increase of the image quality of the scans. More information about that function you can find on our SilverFast FAQ-site under Multi-Exposure. An additional feature of the SE Plus version is the automatic frame adjustment; this has the big advantage, that you don't have to position the originals on the glass surface of the scanner exactly, i.e. you can place them askew as well. The SilverFast SE Archive Suite contains additionally to the SilverFast SE Plus software the SilverFast HDR Studio software, so that you can create raw scans which you can process afterwards. More information about that can be found on our website SilverFast HDR Studio.
Please, choose above, below the price information, if you want to order the scanner with or without Adobe® Photoshop® Elements. You can find information about the different versions on our website Adobe® Photoshop® Elements Version Comparison.
- Create extraordinary enlargements from film: 6400 x 9600 dpi for enlargements up to 17" x 22"
- Scan slides, negatives and medium-format panoramic film: built-in Transparency Unit
- Remove the appearance of tears and creases from damaged photos: DIGITAL ICE for Prints
- Remove the appearance of dust and scratches from film: DIGITAL ICE for Film
- Restore faded color photos with one touch: Epson Easy Photo Fix® included
- Achieve greater productivity: convert scanned documents into editable text with ABBYY® FineReader® Sprint Plus OCR
- Quickly complete any task: instantly scan, copy, scan-to-email and create PDFs with four customizable buttons
- Energy-efficient LED for fast scans: exclusive ReadyScan LED light source means no warmup time, faster scans and lower power consumption
- Take your photos further: Adobe® Photoshop® Elements included (according to your choice above), to help edit and enhance your digital images
- Max scan area 216 x 297 mm reflective, 60 x 220 mm transparent
- Scanner Type: Flatbed color image scanner
- Photoelectric Device: Epson MatrixCCD® 12-line, color sensor
- Optical Resolution: 6400 dpi (max)
- Hardware Resolution: 6400 x 9600 dpi
- Fix focus
- Color Hardware Bit Depth: 48-bit internal/external
- Grayscale Hardware Bit Depth: 16-bit internal/external
- Optical Density: 3.4 Dmax
- Transparency Unit: 35mm Transparency Adapter 12 negatives/4 slides, Medium-format film (up to 6 x 22 cm)
- Buttons: 4 customizable buttons: Scan, Copy, E-mail and PDF
- Maximum Read Area: 8.5" x 11.7", TPU 2.7" x 9.5"
- Light Source: ReadyScan LED technology
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Dimensions: Width 11" (280 mm) x Depth 19" (485 mm) x Height 4.6" (118 mm)
- Weight: 9.0 lb (4.1 kg)
Supported film formats
- 35-mm-Dias (mount thickness unlimited)
SilverFast 8 feature highlights
- The new SilverFast 8 Preview Concept allows to assess the results even for complicated image optimization functions, such as iSRD and USM, at any time. A 100% zoom facilitates to properly evaluate and set the parameters of these tools.
- The user interface of SilverFast 8 has been completely redeveloped according to current standards. The controls can be arranged flexibly and freely on the screen according to personal preferences. All major functions can be operated quickly and easily.
- SilverFast 8 is fully capable of multitasking. For example, if several originals are to be scanned one after another, the user can already set the image optimization options for the second scan while the scanner is digitizing the first original.
- SilverFast SCC is a tool to perform a selective color correction in a very simple manner. Selective color correction means that a single color is selected and changed specifically, but all other colors remain unchanged. A mouse click in the preview window easily selects the color to be changed: SilverFast's Selective Color Correction is particularly intuitive.
- The Global Color Correction is an intuitive tool for controlling the color balance of the whole image. Particularly older images often show color casts that can be removed easily with GCC. The possibility to restrict modifications to half and quarter tones, allows effortless optimization of even those color shifts that are only visible in the very light or very shadowy image areas.
- The WorkflowPilot is a wizard that guides the user in the correct order through all required processing steps. Depending on material and intended purpose there is a different workflow that will be worked on with the WorkflowPilot step by step.
- SilverFast HiRePP will dramatically speed up the process of loading and working large image files.
Scope of delivery
- Epson Perfection V600 Photo Scanner
- Transparency Unit (built into lid)
- 35mm, mounted slides, and 6x22 cm Medium-format Film Holders
- Scanner Installation CD-ROM (incl. for example EpsonScan, CopyUtility, EventManager, FineReader, PhotoScan, Scan-n-Stitch)
- SilverFast SE 8 / SE Plus 8 / SE Archive Suite 8 (according to your choice above)
- Adobe® Photoshop® Elements (according to your choice above)
- Scanner Setup Poster
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Cable
- AC Power Adapter and Cord
- Windows 64-bit systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10
- MAC 64-bit systems: Mac OS X from 10.7
- 2 GHz Processor or faster (Multi-core recommended)
- 2 GB RAM main memory (4 GB RAM recommended)
- 2 GB free space on hard disk drive for the software file
- Up to 20 GB free space on the main system hard disk drive for the cache
- DVD drive or internet connection
- Latest firmware installed on scanner device
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop CS3 to CS6 and CC.
(Photoshop CS6 and higher on OS X are only supported if 64 bit drivers are
available for the scanner.)
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop Elements 8 to 13.
SilverFast 8 can also be installed on Windows as a TWAIN module.
Note: SilverFast 8 is Intel native software and thus it is not available for
PowerPC Mac systems (Those G4-microprocessors were only produced until the End of
For the cleaning of the glass surface of the scanner we recommend the scanner cleaning set from Kinetronics. The set consists of an anti static cloth, with which you can clean the complete glass surface, and an anti static brush for cleaning smaller parts, but also for cleaning film material. Both the cloth and the brush have the special feature that they remove static charges, which adduct dust magically.
If the glass surface of the scanner is covered with strong dust we recommend the use of the Kinetronics cleaning fluid PLCD. That's a high value cleaning fluid, which has been developed especially for the cleaning of optical glasses and glass surfaces. With a couple of drops you can effectively remove dust and dirt.
When working with film strips it can often happen that you accidentally touch the emulsion side of the film. The damage often is irreparable. You can avoid damages to the film material and comfortably insert film strips into the scanner or film holder by wearing fine cotton gloves.
Anti-dust spray is used to clean film material - no matter if it's mounted slides or film strips - by removing dust and fluffs with a flimsy current of air without touching the film material at all. There is no better, more comfortable and more efficient way to clean your film material.
For working with single negatives or positives we highly recommend using tweezers, because otherwise you run the risk of touching and damaging the film.
Those who work
with digital images - no matter if they come from a digital camera or from a film
scanner - should absolutely calibrate their screen. Without a screen calibration
performed with objective criteria you run the risk of wrongly adjusting the settings of
the scan or the image editing software, which makes the image look right on your
screen, but will cause unnatural alienated colours on other output devices (printer,
image service, new screen).